Search This Blog

Two-faced ... or multi-faceted?

Two-faced ... or multi-faceted?
Behind that mask...

I think. Therefore, I AM

I am, I said; To no one there
And no one heard at all; Not even the chair
I am, I cried; I am, said I
And I am lost, and I can't even say why
Leavin' me lonely still
It's said that when a tree falls deep in the forest it makes no sound unless someone (ostensibly, a human being) is near enough to notice. But I'm pretty sure the TREE is aware of its demise and that other living things upon which it lands no doubt take notice.

Those who may happen to come within earshot of this blog are free to observe and welcome to participate (with comity, please!); it's about my life and times and I'll try to write like nobody is listening -- and like everyone is...



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back in the saddle?

I miss writing...

And am, I believe, about to return to the traces and begin making regular entries here in BurkeDroppings.

Part of me (the "professional purist") says I shouldn't just give my writing away -- that I deserve to be paid for what I write; but another part admits that I really never have written mainly for the money and that the benefits derived outlast and overshadow the filthy lucre.

I've a fairly impressive (for a part-time pro) stringbook with scores of published pieces ranging from news briefs that appeared in the Orange County edition of the Los Angeles Times to a series of columns titled "From this Valley" that were often featured on page one of the perspectives section of the Merced Sun-Star.

But, in a way, I'm most proud of the very prolific year I spent blogging while traveling all around North America. That publication was "Wandering Dave" and it's still available -- though I can't perform any edits or updates as I've lost the password and can't seem to get a new one -- http://wanderingdave.blogspot.com

Anyway, and to finally get to the point (maybe a better pseudonym would be Rambling Dave), I'm ready (I think) to make a run at beating my old record and stringing more than 220 entries together over the next period. This new body of work is titled "BurkeDroppings."

I won't have the stimulus provided by an 18,000-mile trek through the U.S. and Canada; but I rarely suffer from writers' block and suspect that I'll find no shortage of topics which may be of no real importance and even little interest to many people but which are part of my life.

So, as I'm now wont to declare: You are welcome into my back yard anytime to see what's on my mind; but if you decide to visit, wear a hat, you are likely to get hit by some BurkeDroppings!

No comments: