Search This Blog

Two-faced ... or multi-faceted?

Two-faced ... or multi-faceted?
Behind that mask...

I think. Therefore, I AM

I am, I said; To no one there
And no one heard at all; Not even the chair
I am, I cried; I am, said I
And I am lost, and I can't even say why
Leavin' me lonely still
It's said that when a tree falls deep in the forest it makes no sound unless someone (ostensibly, a human being) is near enough to notice. But I'm pretty sure the TREE is aware of its demise and that other living things upon which it lands no doubt take notice.

Those who may happen to come within earshot of this blog are free to observe and welcome to participate (with comity, please!); it's about my life and times and I'll try to write like nobody is listening -- and like everyone is...



Saturday, March 12, 2011

Soylent Green repackaged


I'm approaching the end of week two of my new (and, as of yet, still only half-implemented) "Toward Fit and Trim" campaign which is my latest obsession.

I've decided that I suffer from a version of OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder). Not to worry, I don't think my case requires professional therapy -- I'm guessing that we're all "suffering" from one disorder or another (or several).

Anyway, my temperament has, based on my own reflection, led me to focus attention pretty much only on one enterprise at at time. Oh, I do things other than the one thing; but my focus is pretty much single-minded -- I tend to think about that one thing all the time.

That means I go to sleep thinking about that thing and wake up still thinking about it. Much of my nocturnal musing is very non-productive -- I do experience epiphany from time to time, but more often mentally "churn" stuff and nonsense.

Anyway, I've set aside my most recent obsession -- a 20-month effort to create value as a community volunteer -- and am now focused on consuming fewer and more healthy calories. Soon, I hope to add moving (exercise) to that focus.

So, on the advice of a well-meaning friend, I just consumed about 4 ounces of tofu. And it that's not a bleached and re-packaged version of Soylent Green, I don't know what it is.

Obsessed as I am, I can eat the stuff -- and I'm going to finish the remaining two or three servings in the package I bought -- but it's kind of vile...

Soy milk (vanilla), on the other hand, is great with rice chex.

No comments: